Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Okay, let's drop everything for a moment.

I hate to ask this, because it's been a long time and I don't know how the atmosphere around here has changed, but I'd like to ask anyone reading this to please take a step back for a moment. Drop character, drop story, drop everything. Just for this blog entry.

I feel the need to write a formal thanks and goodbye to you all. I'm sure you've noticed it's been ages since I've posted. Honestly, I haven't known what to post. I've somewhat fallen out of the Slendermythos fandom in the last few months, regrettably. I haven't kept up with vlogs. I certainly haven't kept up with blogs, tangled mess that they've become. I certainly didn't help much with the tangling when I stepped in with this mess of a blog.

My first mistake with Harmonic Paradox was when I said, you know what, I'm gonna get involved with the Slenderblog community! That's when things got confusing. This began as my real blog for my real life, and quickly became something fake when I entered the mindset of "Slenderblogs are cool, I want one too!" There was all that stuff with the chaos/order weirdness. I had a whole thing planned out! The idea was that I was being possessed by an overeager force trying to create order, and it was really cool in my head. But, obviously, that didn't pan out. It got tangled up with the rest of everything.

My second mistake was in using my real self. I got really involved with everything using my usual self, Holly. That was just me. As you can imagine, it got really confusing separating my real identity from the identity I used on this blog. Once Twitter came into the equation, I fell off the wagon entirely. I'm very sorry for that.

Basically, I'm sorry for being a confusing moron. I had a TON of fun for a while here, with Sammie and Storm and everyone! Getting into the Slendermythos fandom was a weird and wild ride for me. Hanging around on Unfiction, speculating about the next episode of whatever or where you crazy people would take the stories you weaved... And of course, the not sleeping. There was no sleep for that time period. It was a great time, and I don't regret a thing. I wish I could've kept it up longer.

Thank you for a great time, Slenderblog community!

5 comments:

  1. -Obvious complete OOC since I'm "dead" now-

    Holly! It's so good to see you!

    I seriously wish I knew what to catch you up on. Miss Ghostie over here has kept up with a lot of the blogs we were mutually following along with the three main vlogs, so I guess if you're specific I can help you out.

    Or is that not what you're going for at all? I'm a little confused at the moment; That's what I get for sleeping too much.

    Anyway, I had a bit of a problem with the identity thing myself. Slice kind of saved me by nicknaming me Knightess. I just thought of Knightess as another one of my story characters, and also talked to fellow Slenderblog/vlog creators off-grid. It became much easier.

    Primus, sorry for the novel here, Holly. Good new is, if you want to get back into the mythos, At The Base of the Holly Tree is still up :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the girl who was writing Ali's blog- I think we talked a few times during the chaos/order thing.
    It's nice to hear from you, and I'm glad you've gotten yourself sorted out a bit. If you ever want to get back into the mythos, it's a lot easier now to talk with creators out of character, and that helps separate the game from reality.
    Also, I kind of liked the order/chaos thing, but I can see how you'd let it go after a while. Anyway it's kind of cool to hear from you, and I'm glad you did have fun with the mythos while it lasted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, guys! Oh, man, I've missed you. ;___;

    Well, honestly... I don't know if I even want to catch up. So much stuff has happened, and it's been a long time since I've really been into this sort of thing. It's sad, but my interests have shifted. I think if I tried I could get myself back into it again, but it'll take some time. XD I gotta catch up with Marble Hornets and TribeTwelve (Not EverymanHYBRID, I've long since given up on that), and on the more well-known blogs.

    And anyway, I don't know how I'd really "come back." As I've said, stuff got confusing because I wasn't using a story character. I was just using my real self. If I made a character to come back as, things would be different. I suppose it's possible for me to make up some story to justify using At The Base Of The Holly Tree (suddenly Slenderstalked after I thought I was out? I don't know.) The idea of trying to catch up with everything is just... Overwhelming.

    On the bright side, I've had practice roleplaying in the intervening months, so if I were to come back, I'd probably be better off than I was. But I don't know right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had forgotten about this! So glad I managed to actually remember the blog name to find it again!

    Anyway, I'm extremely relieved to hear this. I'm sure that there was definitely some paranoia, and there's always the problem with being unable to separate reality from fiction (in fact, come to think of it, it was around the time I started writing Now I Shall Know You Again and made Slenderbloggins--the blog where I was playing myself--strictly informative that the paranoia stopped completely.

    But that said, you don't know how much it relieves me to know that you're both doing better and that not all of it was real. I never actually thought of your blog as a Slenderblog, and although I was prepared for the possibility of it being a Slenderblog, I expected Slendy himself to actually show up. For someone to be driven mad by the Slender Man is creepy. For someone to be driven mad by the PROSPECT of the Slender Man is both terrifying and extremely disconcerting.

    Anyway, I enjoyed reading your blog way back when it was actually running, and I was genuinely worried about you.

    Anyway, if you want to try getting back into the mythos, go ahead. Be warned though...it's not the same 'Verse you left. A lot of the fear is gone (although that's maybe because I've been reading for so long by this point) and it's more obviously fiction. It's not necessarily bad, but it's different.

    Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that you had readers who were genuinely concerned about you, enough so that they'd remember and come back months later to see if they had missed anything.

    Anyway, if you want to talk more, feel free to shoot me an e-mail or something anytime. I'm still kinda the "expert" on the Slenderverse, so I can fill you in on what's going on if you're still curious.

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I just realized that five of my seven paragraphs begin with "anyway." Hey, kids! Can you spot the words Andy relies too much on? >.<;;

    ReplyDelete